Monday, August 12, 2013

[Recap] Super Junior World Tour Super Show 5 in Singapore

Here is a recap of Super Junior’s “Super Show 5? concert in Singapore by our awesome local contributor Rebby who was lucky enough to attend! *Jealous* -crystalcove

Having read that Super Junior members are actively involved in the conceptualization and planning of the entire concert, “Super Show 5” was somewhat a letdown for me after having enjoyed myself tremendously at Super Shows 3 and 4. 

The concert kicked off 20 minutes past 6PM on July 6 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium with “Mr. Simple,” “Bonamana,” and during “Super Girl,” Super Junior M members Zhou Mi and Henry joined the Super Junior core members on stage before taking time to greet ELFs for the first im

“Long time no see, it’s so good to see everyone of you and I hope you have all the fun and enjoy the show,” said Donghae.

Kangin yielded the loudest cheer from the audience when it was his turn to speak. “It’s been some time, hasn’t it? I saw you last during the SM Tour. I hope you enjoy to the very last song and enjoy the night.”

“Hello Singapore! Da jia hao (how are you, in Mandarin)!” greeted Siwon, showing off his language skills.

Kyuhyun drew some laughter from the audience as he showed a cute, humorous side of himself. “Let me introduce myself. My name is Cho Kyuhyun, and I’m one of the member of very popular boy group Super Junior.”

“Hello Singapore! Do you know Singlish? Nice to meet you lah? I love you so much lah. You too lah?” greeted Eunhyuk, blending easily into the Singapore culture.

“How is everybody doing lah? I miss you guys so much. Everyday, mei tian dou zui xiang ni men (I miss you so much every day, in Mandarin),” said sweet-tongue Henry.

Eunhyuk shows his disappointment saying “It’s been such a long time since we came to Singapore. Have you waited long? It’s a pity I can only see you tonight. I hope you enjoy the one night of show we put up. Let’s continue the show.”

In comparison to the past two Super Shows brought to Singapore by organizer Running Into The Sun, this was the first time that only one night of the show was being staged, much to the disappointment of ELFs and the boys themselves.

The show progressed on, but I found it difficult to let myself be drawn into their performance. The fun elements that were always so evident in their past shows were clearly missing. The solo stages that showcases the individual members’ talents were nowhere to be seen. The funny videos were kept until the second half of the show which was when I actually started to enjoy the show. 

“Is it last day concert in Singapore?” asked Siwon. Someone answered him, “Just one day…”, making it both sad and funny at the same time. 

“You guys want more?” asked Shindong, while Eunhyuk danced by himself at the center stage, inducing screams from the fans as he poured water over himself and did an impromptu back flip. 

During a fan event, white banners and lights filled the venue when the boys performed “Daydream.”

“We are so happy to sing before you, all the beautiful fans. There’s one thing I missed out just now. Donghae has hurt his finger. There’s an album coming out in Japan next month. In the MV, he was playing soccer and he hurt his finger,” shared Eunhyuk.

“I have been waiting for this stage so long, I don’t feel comfortable to not perform to my full capability. There’s a present for everyone. This is something I want to do for you. Sweet kiss.” Donghae was forgiven immediately when he went all out to perform “gwiyomi.” Sungmin also followed suit with his own cute version of “gwiyomi,” making everyone gush.

The temporary leader Eunhyuk spoke a lot that night. “Are you guys having fun? We are going to sing a ballad and calm ourselves down. Sit back and relax and enjoy the music. Yesung is not around, I’m going to take his position,” declared Eunhyuk, before they sang an acoustic medley of “Bittersweet,” “Someday,” and “Memories“. 

The most enjoyable part had to be when the boys started getting everyone to stand up and follow their hand dance while swaying to “Honey Jar (Sunny).” Another highlight of the night was when Henry tore his pants while doing a flip, haha!! Henry even re-enacted it and got all the boys to check if their pants were alright!

Just before the boys sang their last song, Eunhyuk said, “As if we are proposing to you, would you marry me lah? If we had one more day, we would be having so much fun. We are going to come back even better with Super Show 6.”

Nothing really ends without an encore right? After much cheering for an encore, Super Junior returned with four more songs “Sorry Sorry“, “Show Me Your Love,” and “Sapphire Blue“ before giving their goodbye speeches.

Shindong: “Whenever I come to Singapore, even if there’s something sad, I always go back happy.”

Sungmin: “We will come back with a better performance next time. I’m sure you will be here!?”

Donghae: “I’m so sorry that I’m not at my best today. I’m so thankful whenever I’m down here you guys give me so much support and love. We will come back with our best performance.” (blows a kiss)

Kyuhyun: “You guys so so lucky. Anyway… For those who are not here, they are going to regret for the rest of their lives.”

Henry: “I feel a real connection with Singapore. I think Singapore fans love me too.” (sings a line from his new solo single, “Trap”)

Zhou Mi: I may be back in Singapore soon, for my book signing. 

So I” was the last song before the curtains came down and fans start to make their way out. Everyone was caught by surprise when Eunhyuk reappeared on stage to get a load off his chest. 

“I came back to say something I hope every fans here listen together.. To be honest, these days.. I felt sad and my heart ached.. because our Super Junior’s fans ELF… between fans.. I saw many bad sides these days.. and thought someone should talk about this.. so I… came up on this stage to talk…”

“Firstly, Zhou Mi and Henry are not official Super Junior members, but Zhou Mi and Henry are official members of Super Junior M. And we … Henry and Zhou Mi as Super Junior M members, are important, and we have spent a long time together with them. We have a close friendship with them, and support them like they are family members. There won’t be any change with their positions nor will they promote with Super Junior. They won’t participate in Super Junior’s albums, nor take photos with us for Super Show posters. They will not have official promotions with Super Junior. I hope you all won’t misunderstand. We just… those two… we truly support them; I hope there aren’t any more misunderstandings. I think this talk started at last Super Show, when they stood with us for Super Junior stages. That did not have a different meaning. Doing Super Shows with them, and watching them wait for hours in the waiting room after performing only 3-4 songs made us sad. And knowing that they want to stand with us on stage instead of feeling lonely, we thought it’d be nice to bring them up for not all Super Junior stages but ones we interact with fans. So we brought them up. We hope you all will have same feelings as us, and look at them with warm hearts, and cheer for them. They will not become official Super Junior members. I hope you support them as Super Junior M members. Singapore ELF, sorry to talk about this here. I hope you will all leave safely. Thank you” – Translation by @NKSubs

Super Junior World Tour – Super Show 5 Singapore Song List
1. Mr. Simple 
2. Bonamana
3. Super Girl
4. It’s You
5. Sexy, Free and Single
6. Boom Boom
7. Club No. 1
8. Cold – Eunhyuk, Siwon, Henry, Donghae
9. How Am I Supposed To Live Without You – Kyuhyun, Zhou Mi, Sungmin, Ryeowook
10. Dance performance: Zombie – Shindong, Eunhyuk, Donghae
11. Saturday Night + I’m Your Girl + Bloom + Ice Cream + Alone – Siwon, Ryeowook, Kangin, Sungmin
12. Break Down (CHN) – Super Junior M
13. A-Oh (CHN) – Super Junior M
14. Go (CHN) + Shake it up – Super Junior M/ Super junior
15. Rock Star
16. Daydream
17. Acoustic Medley (Bittersweet + Someday + Memories)
18. Wonder Boy – All
19. Honey Jar (Sunny) – All
20. Dancing out – All
21. Marry U

Encore:
22. Sorry Sorry
23. Show Me Your Love – All
24. Sapphire Blue – All
25. So I

No comments:

Post a Comment